Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Muffin Madness

I love baking, I love baking much more than I love cooking.  I just enjoy the end product so much more, that probably has something to do with my ridiculous sweet tooth though.  However, most baked things are chock full of sugar and other ingredients that can be considered bad for you, so I try to stick with healthy baking, and no that's not an oxymoron.

I made Banana-Cranberry Spice Muffins (recipe can be found here).  It is a recipe that I've made a handful of times that is super easy and delicious!  It makes a dozen but I can't eat them all before they go bad, so after they cool I throw them in the freezer and just toast them in the morning.  A quick and easy breakfast for the days you're low on time!


The best thing about these muffins is that they are high in fiber from the Fiber One Cereal that is added.  After mixing all the wet ingredients together you crunch up 1 cup of the cereal, add it in and let it soak for 5 minutes.  




Then add all the dry ingredients together while the cereal soaks.  Don't all those spices on top look awesome!  I love cinnamon and nutmeg! 



After you've combined the wet and dry the last step is to mix in the cranberries.  They are so moist and add great texture to the muffins.  



Finally, place the mixture into the muffin pan, this for me is the hardest part.  I always end up getting batter everywhere.  After 20 to 25 minutes you have delicious muffins!  My favorite Food Network Chef Alton Brown always suggests letting muffins and cupcakes cool upside down so that the tops don't go flat.  




Look how yummy this is!



I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!  Let me know if there are any other healthy muffin recipes, I would love to try them myself!

~Cassi

No comments:

Post a Comment